Unlocking 10X Your Potential Guest Author

Unlocking 10X Your Potential

30-Jan-2019 15:30:59

0 comments

by Guest Author

 

 increase-your-potential-blog-1

 

Do you have goals? Do you keep them in your head or write them down?

This post explains ‘why’ having goals and especially writing them down is so powerful. I always thought I was goal-oriented but kept them in my head. Then 5 years ago I discovered Harvard research I wish I’d found 20 years earlier. The clarity of purpose I gained from writing down my goals was a revelation. Let’s recap the research.

 

action-plan-goals

 

In 1979, Harvard MBA graduates were surveyed about their goal setting habits (or lack thereof):

  • 84% had no goals 
  • 13% had goals but didn’t write them

Only 3% had written goals and plans to accomplish them. 10 years later in 1989, the same group were again surveyed:

- The 13% who had goals in their heads earned twice those without goals

- The 3% who wrote their goals down earned 10X the other 97% combined!

 

The message is stark: bring your goals to life by writing them down. You needn’t think 10 years out. Adamgrant suggests a plan for the next 12 months in the video below. 

 

1507940147251-drlcss

 

So, to clarify your purpose and 10X your potential, take time to write down your goals.

 

By Joshua Nester, Education Director, SEEK 

 

Topics: personal development, how-to, tips

Guest Author

Written by Guest Author

Subscribe and you'll get updates on

  • New courses
  • Job trends
  • Career development
Subscribe to our newsletter

Speak to one of our Education Consultants